Job Description for East Cross UMC Assistant Pastor
Updated: June 15, 2022
Job Location: This position is located in Bartlesville, OK.
About East Cross UMC: ECUMC is a multi-generational church that seeks to connect with our Holy God and with each other. We strive to know all of our neighbors as we share God’s love with our community and our world through missions and evangelism. We desire to walk together through this life as we learn to follow Jesus and invite others to join the journey.
- Primary – Pastoral Care and Congregational Care. The Senior Pastor and Assistant Pastor will share this responsibility.
- Evangelism and Assimilation. ECUMC is committed to going into the world and making disciples of Jesus Christ. The Assistant Pastor will identify and actively engage with new families moving to our community, connect with families already living here, while effectively nurturing the relationships of existing church members.
- Preaching and Teaching. The Assistant Pastor will have opportunities for occasional scheduled preaching on Sunday mornings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Other responsibilities based upon the Assistant Pastor’s gifts, talents and passions.
Required Interpersonal Skills:
- Effective communication skills (ex. verbal, written, and listening)
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Capable of, and comfortable with, relating to all age groups
- Ability to multitask
Basic Job Requirements:
- Strong Christian foundation
- Experience in church leadership
- High School diploma
- Basic computing skills (ex. MS Office)
- Flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to embrace both traditional and contemporary worship styles
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- Seminary training and/or religious studies
- Mission oriented
Chad Perceful, Sr. Pastor Wayne Benyshek, SPRC Chairperson