Job Description for East Cross UMC
Director of Contemporary Music
Updated: November 9, 2022
Job Location: This position is located in Bartlesville, OK.
Position: Director of Contemporary Music
Purpose: To plan, lead, teach, and present worship music in the Contemporary Service for East Cross UMC
Duties: The Director of Contemporary Music will:
- Work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor
- Work in partnership with the Senior Pastor in planning the overall music and worship program for the Contemporary Worship Service.
- Lead the Praise Band in Worship services, facilitate any needed rehearsals.
- Recruit, develop and train needed musicians.
- Utilize technology for worship services:
- Import music into Pro-Presenter.
- Find, purchase and edit needed tracks.
- Introduce and prepare new worship song selections.
- Serve as a resource to those leading the Children’s and Youth programs.
- Coordinate when needed with the Director of Traditional Music to prepare for seasonal/special music presentations.
- Maintain the music library, including individual musician folders.
- Maintain equipment and accessories.
- Along with other staff members, serve as a representative of the church in the community and represent the church in a manner befitting a Christian and a professional.
The Director of Contemporary music is expected to accomplish all work on a timely basis so that individual musicians and the Praise Band are ready for services as may be required. Hours are estimated to be as follows on a weekly basis:
3 hrs Sunday 9:30 – 12:30 (includes practice from 9:30-10:30)
1 hrs Wednesday 7:00-8:00 (Band Practice)
1 hr Planning with Pastoral Staff
5hrs Personal planning and music development